** We are pleased to offer early morning private appointment hours with longtime Joi stylist Brian Norman!
Weekly Wed-Fri 6-9am & Sat 6-8am**
If you are at a higher risk for COVID-19, immunocompromised or simply prefer a private appointment, please call the salon 617-723-6330 to schedule your appointment with Brian!
Things you should know before your visit to Joi:
With the cold weather approaching, we have made a few minor adjustments our original reopening plan:
- We will now offer limited seating in our waiting area for 2 individuals, spaced 8 ft. apart. These chairs will be sanitized after each use. We ask that these chairs be reserved for clients who are arriving on foot. If it’s a beautiful day out and you are happy to wait on the outside benches, that always remains an option!
- Laptops and tablets will now be permitted for use during your visit.
- If you are driving, please give us a call from your car upon arrival and we will let you know if your stylist is ready for you to proceed to the salon. If we’re not quite ready, we will ask that you wait in your car (or outdoor benches) and we will call to let you know when it’s time!
- If you are walking, you may open the salon doors upon arrival to let us know you’re here. We will advise you if your stylist is ready.
- All clients must wear a mask upon entering Joi. Please wear the style that secure behind your ears and not the tie behind the head style. Color clients, please note the mask may come in contact with color, so we suggest disposable.
- When it’s time for you to enter the salon, we have set up a contained roped off entrance and hand sanitizing area. Please sanitize your hands and await a member of the front desk team to greet you and open the rope to let you into the salon.
- Gentle reminder: There will be no outside food or beverage allowed in the salon. Eating & drinking require mask removal, which MA state guidelines for salons continue to prohibit. Masks must remain on at all time while in the salon.
- There will be limited closet space for coats, we ask that whenever possible you leave your coat in your car. Plastic garment coverings will be provided if coats are brought in, to reduce contact with another individual’s belongings.
- There will no longer be robes for you to change into. Please dress accordingly. Capes will be used for your protection during your service and laundered between each client per usual.
- Personal belongings should be limited.
- Stylists will be wearing masks & smocks and practice regular handwashing and sanitizing.
- Stylist stations, chairs, shampoo chairs, implements will be properly sanitized between each client using hospital grade medical wipes and/or spray disinfectant.
- All high touch surfaces (door handles, counters, credit card machine etc..) will be sanitized routinely.
- There will be no beverage station.
- The Joi restroom will be for employee use only.
- If you are experiencing a fever, cough, sore throat, cold or illness of any kind, you must reschedule your appointment.
- If you do not have stored credit card information on file, please provide this when you call or book online to help with contactless payment at checkout. We also still accept Apple Pay, credit card payments (tap or swipe), checks and cash.
If you have any questions before your visit, please reach out to a member of our front desk team at 617-723-6330.